The National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) formerly known as National Open School (NOS) was established in November,1989 as an autonomous organisation in pursuance of National Policy on Education 1986 by the Ministry of Human Resource Development(MHRD), Government of India. NIOS is providing a number of Vocational, Life Enrichment and community oriented courses besides General and Academic Courses at Secondary and Senior Secondary level.
The Scheme of Studies for Secondary(SLC) and Senior Secondary(+2) Courses is shown in Table for obtaining a pass certificate, you are required to pass in a minimum of five subjects including one or maximum of two languages and other three or four subjects from optional group. However, you are free to take upto two additional subjects. Thus, in all you can choose a maximum of seven subjects.
Cancellation of Admission
Your admission will be cancelled :
- if the admission form is incomplete,
- if the fee paid is short,
- if the supporting documents are not complete,
- if false documents have been submitted,
- if required educational qualifications are not fulfilled,
- if the minimum age criteria is not fulfilled,
- if incorrect or wrong information is given,
- if the secondary examination is not passed from a recognised board.
- if more than three admission forms are received from the same address.
Note: (i) Admission once cancelled will not be re-considered and fee paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
(ii) If any discrepancy is noticed at any stage of admission even if the Identity Card is issued, the admission will be cancelled and result will not be declared even if appeared in examination.