Abroad Study : Russia
Russia, the world’s largest nation, borders European and Asian countries as well as the Pacific and Arctic oceans. Its landscape ranges from tundra and forests to subtropical beaches.
Capital : Moscow
Dialling code : +7
Currency : Russian Ruble
Neighbouring countries : China, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Poland, more
Russia possesses one of the best mass-education systems in the world, and has a long-standing tradition of high-quality education for all citizens. Russia’s education system produces a 98% literacy rate, exceeding that of most Western European countries. The system consists of obligatory basic education and higher education.
There are several types of higher education institutions. These are University, Academy, Institute, Technical University and Conservatory where Universities, Academies and Institutes have similar functions.
Russia offers a wide number of professional courses and gives study programs covering all fields in fundamental sciences, engineering, humanities, medical sciences, agriculture and arts.
Tuition Fees range from:
- Bachelors programs - $2650 - $7450 - 4 years
- Specialist program - $2850 - $7350 - 5 years
- Masters programs - $2650 to $7450 - 2 years
Another popular area of study for international students in Russia is Russian language studies, as Russia is the only destination in the world for total language immersion. Studying in Russia is the perfect opportunity for students interested in learning Russian, particularly those whose home institutions do not offer courses in the language.
Language of Instruction:
The common language here is the Russian language. All foreign students pass through the preparatory\foundation course, where during one year they receive accelerated courses of Russian language and the necessary scientific language for their future studies. Foreign Graduates are certified, after taking appropriate exams, as interpreters of Russian.
Jobs for International Students:
The job market in Russia for the international student is not that flourishing as in UK or USA or even Canada, but however, there is a lot of chance to get a decent job there in the industries.
- Eligibility: SLC/10+2/ PCL
- IELTS/TOEFL optional
Documents needed for a student visa
- Completed education Certificate.
- Certified copy of birth certificate
- Statement of results
- An original, valid, and signed passport with at least one blank page, valid for 6 months after the end of your stay.
- A copy of the Russian visa application form completed and signed.
- Two passport-size photos, signed on the reverse.
- A letter of invitation from a university/school in Russia, which can only be issued by the local Visa Service of the Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs (OVIR) .
- An original HIV Certificate showing a negative result is required for stays of more than 3 months.
- A copy of the invoice issued by the university/school in Russia proving that you have already paid for tuition.